We are a family run business situated north-east of Penrith in the picturesque Eden Valley. We run a dedicated and knowledgeable workforce and a modern, well maintained fleet of vehicles. We began trading in May 2002 and since continued to grow sustainably.
We are very flexible and versatile with our approach to business, and we are continually awarded with compliments of our personal style of operation. Our fleet of vehicles range are all less than four years old, with many including added luxuries such as DVD players, CD players and the latest in passenger comfort and safety technology.
At Alba Travel, we understand we have a responsibility to help protect the environment in every way reasonably possible. We continue to reduce our carbon emissions by purchasing new modern vehicles that have the cleanest engines. Our fleet is all less than four years of age, with the majority incorporating Euro 4 engines or better, which means they comply with the highest of EU standards and the London Low Emission Zone (LEZ compliant). The Department for Transport describes coach travel as the most environmentally friendly form of travel, and we at Alba Travel aim to ensure this.
To ensure our vehicles are maintained fully, we operate a commercial workshop that ultimately produces different types of industrial waste. We strive to recycle as much waste as possible, including paper, bottles, plastic, glass and oil.
Please call for a copy of our Environmental Policy for more information on how we are aiming to reduce our carbon footprint.
We take the safety of our staff, customers and members of the general public extremely serious. Journey planning and organisation of drivers’ hours are very important and are carefully arranged. The vehicles we use are inspected by our team of qualified maintenance staff every 28 days or less, meaning we have an excellent annual test pass-rate and perfect breakdown history. Our maintenance arrangements are independently audited every year by experts in the field, Lloyd Morgan Group.
Three-point seat belts are fitted throughout all of our vehicles, even the buses running on local services, as we believe seat belts should be worn by everyone on all types of road-using vehicle.
Please call for a copy of our Health and Safety Policy statement and Coach Travel Risk Assessment for more information on how we are aiming to improve work related safety.
All vehicles are:-
- Various sizes, ranging from 8 seats to 59 seats, catering for all size groups
- Limited to 62mph (100kph) as per European Union regulations
- Cleaned throughout before every booking
- Fitted with three-point seat belts throughout, even on buses running on registered services
- Fully compliant with the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA)
- Fitted with an on-board mobile communication system for emergency use only
- Fitted with a public address system
- Fitted with DVD players and monitors
- Fully air-conditioned for passenger comfort
We operate low floor buses on the services we run. These buses and many of our coaches have a kneeling facility which allows them to reduce the size of step from the first step on the vehicle to the ground. The buses are Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliant with extremely good access for wheelchair users and those with poor mobility.
We also operate an extremely modern Mercedes Sprinter minibus that is fitted with a state-of-the-art rear under slung tail lift for wheelchair users. This vehicle can accommodate both manual and electric wheelchairs, and all drivers are trained in how to correctly secure the chairs using the relevant clamps and restraints.
All drivers are:-
- Recruited using stringent selection techniques
- Fully uniformed wearing lilac shirts/blouses, navy blue ties/neckerchiefs, black trousers and black shoes
- Undergo enhanced Criminal Records Bureau checks
- Complete full induction training to enable them to work at the required high standards
- Involved in an on-going driver training programme
- Selected not only on qualifications, but also for personality and attitude
- Subject to six-monthly driver licence checking
- Issued with a driver handbook outlining all relevant legislation and company policies
- Issued with a Highway Code
- Extremely knowledgeable of the UK road network, and not dependable on satellite navigation
- Briefed on every itinerary and will carry out the job with professionalism and integrity