Alba Travel is a family run business situated north-east of Penrith in the picturesque Eden Valley. We run a dedicated and knowledgeable workforce and a modern, well-maintained fleet of vehicles. We began trading in May 2002 and since continued to grow organically and sustainably.
We are very flexible and versatile with our approach to business, and we are continually awarded compliments of our personal style of operation. Our vehicles are all less than five years old, with many including added luxuries such as DVD players, USB charging points and the latest in passenger comfort and safety technology.
At Alba Travel, we understand we have a responsibility to help protect the environment in every way reasonably possible. We continue to reduce our carbon emissions by purchasing new modern vehicles that have the cleanest engines. Our fleet is all less than five years of age, all incorporating Euro 6 engines, which means they comply with the highest of EU standards and the Ultra Low Emission Zones (ULEZ compliant) throughout Europe. The Department for Transport describes coach travel as the most environmentally friendly form of travel, and we at Alba Travel aim to ensure this.
To ensure our vehicles are maintained fully, we operate a commercial workshop that ultimately produces different types of industrial waste. We strive to recycle as much waste as possible, including paper, bottles, plastic, glass and oil.
Please call for a copy of our Environmental Policy for more information on how we are aiming to reduce our carbon footprint.
We take the safety of our staff, customers and members of the general public extremely seriously. Journey planning and organisation of drivers’ hours are very important and are carefully arranged. The vehicles we use are inspected by our team of qualified maintenance staff every 28 days or less, meaning we have an excellent annual test pass-rate and perfect breakdown history. Our maintenance arrangements are independently audited every year by experts in the field, Lloyd Morgan Group.
Three-point seat belts are fitted throughout all of our vehicles, even the buses running on local services, as we believe seat belts should be worn by everyone on all types of road-using vehicle.
Please call for a copy of our Health and Safety Policy statement and Coach Travel Risk Assessment for more information on how we are aiming to improve work-related safety.
All Drivers at Alba Travel are:
- Recruited using stringent selection techniques
- Fully uniformed wearing lilac shirts/blouses, navy blue ties/neckerchiefs, black trousers and black shoes
- Undergo enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks
- Complete full induction training to enable them to work at the required high standards
- Involved in an on-going driver training programme
- Selected not only on qualifications but also for personality and attitude
- Subject to six-monthly driver licence checking
- Issued with a driver handbook outlining all relevant legislation and company policies
- Issued with a Highway Code
- Extremely knowledgeable of the UK road network, and not dependable on satellite navigation
- Briefed on every itinerary and will carry out the job with professionalism and integrity